Shadows of the Whirl Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows of the Whirl Islands

Adventurers are becconed to the virgin lands of the Whirl Islands

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Approaching Night

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

The Approaching Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Akra yells "If you don't move gith, I'll throw something: A KNIFE AT YOU. Move if you're not fighting!"
Back to top Go down
https://cania-campaign.forumotion.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 pm

"Right. Angry kenku. Probably best not to annoy it. Too much. Head for cellar. Safer there. Probably. Hard to be more dangerous then here." He makes a dash for the cellar. "Move fast. Get home. Will not come out for a week except for obtaining materials. Week of invention!"
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Katonik rushes through to the cellar, knocking back anyone in his way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:19 pm

You guys make it safely to the cellar, but Akra barely stops. He pulls on one of the spickets on a large barrel and reveals it's a door to a fairly well-lit tunnel. "Here's the tunnel I mentioned Katonik. We can stay just out of sight on the next bend. And gith, I reccomend coming with. Even if you did go up after the brawl died, anyone left would probably be out for your blood. Best to wait it out with us. Plus, I want to ask a few questions."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:21 pm

"Don't have time. Have ideas I need to write down. Where does tunnel lead out? Will head home. Won't come out for a week. Have things to invent! After I write them down. Need to do that before I forget." He looks down the tunnel.

spot check
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:21 pm

The member 'Bleidd Whitefalcon' has done the following action : Check

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:24 pm

You don't see anything because you fall over and pass out. Akra holds up a small pin. Katonik, you recognize it as a pin he's used when targets need to be captured alive.

Bleidd, you wake up in ropes, the Kenku staring at you. He looks kinda like a giant raven.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Bleidd rolls his eyes. "What do you want? Not terrorist. Haven't annoyed anyone. Besides academics. Keep proving theories wrong. Humble artificer. Nothing special. Very smart though. Only about artificing. Idiot about everything else."
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Katonik coughs. "That last part is definitely true."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Akra stares at him a moment, then looks over at Katonik. "Well at least he's honest." He turns his attention back to the Gith. "So what all do you make?"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:37 pm

"Many things. Depends on mood and current ideas. Lemon project was next. Thought of possibility to advance it. Probably never complete it. Will most likely die here. Probably from annoying the tiefling. Who seems to think I'm a sack of potatoes. WHICH I'M NOT." He shoots a glare at the tiefling.
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 pm

Katonik just stares at him. "You really don't want to see me annoyed."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:44 pm

"No, no you don't. I'm Akra, by the way. Sorry for the ropes, I just want to talk. So, you invent things? Just, anything? Does something inspire you or can people ask you for stuff they want made?"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:48 pm

"Inspiration usually. Can make things on request. Not as high quality though. Workable. Not great. Maybe next project will be something that lets me fly. Was fun until ground hit me."
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 pm

(pass)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 pm

He chuckles. "You have no idea." He stretches out one arm and you can see he's got wing feathers on them, but it's like they stop where the pinions would be. You can also see a faint eye pattern painted on with glow-in-the-dark paint, probably made from fungus. "So if you get inspired from things, wouldn't it be better to go out and do things to inspire you? Like...I don't know...travel the islands and see new things?"

Katonik you recognize the mode Akra is in. You know if Bleidd doesn't agree to whatever Akra's getting at, the Kenku is likely to kill him here.
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:54 pm

"I'd suggest you go with it, Gith. Otherwise hitting the ground may be the least of your problems."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:57 pm

"Islands dangerous. What good inspiration if not alive to use it? Defensive things I make work sometimes. Not often enough for actual defense. Need them to work all the time. Not sure why they don't work all the time. Currently under investigation. After the flying project."
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:00 am

"I'd say Akra is more dangerous now, my sack of potatoes."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

Akra shoots a glare at Katonik.
"Ignore him. Now, lemme ask you something. What if you had accomplished, competent fighters to defend you instead, to keep you alive while you explored the islands? Here's what I offer: Travel with Me. I'm going to go around the islands and accomplish my goals. You come with me, make things I can use sooner-or-later, and I protect you while you make said things. And to sweeten the deal, I'm heading to Brudi to see if I can find the Lost Keep."

You know about the Lost Keep. Made by dwarves who were killed by a red dragon they tried to tame. There would be components to use, traps to study, and knowledge of the dwarves (very good crafters) all there for the taking.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am

Bleidd looks up in surprise. "You head to the Lost Keep? Was planning on going there myself eventually. After defensive investigation complete. And error hopefully solved. Assuming it didn't get pushed back by another project. Probably would. What do you want from the keep anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 am

Now it's Katonik's turn to look surprised. "Have your ambitions grown a bit?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:13 am

"The Keep itself is an impenetrable fortress. Countless armies tried to pillage it, but in the end it was only destroyed from within. I want it. It would be the perfect place to set up shop, to start putting my plans in motion." He smiles bigger than you thought was possible, gaining a dangerous glint in his eye. "The Whirl Islands are a godless chain, and I want to become the first god. The God of Death. Of the Kill." He regains composure. "If you want anything for your inventions, they're yours, provided it doesn't get in the way of that goal. And who knows, if I find out how to become a god, maybe I could make you one too. God of Knowledge, of Inventing. Sound good, hm?"

Katonik, this is the first you've heard of these secret goals that Akra has. Now you know why Mephistopheles wants Akra. If he succeeds, Mephistopheles could ally with a god of death and use it to finally overthrow Asmodeous and become the true Lord of the Nine Hells.
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:18 am

Katonik's jaw drops. Nothing could have prepared him for this.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 am

Bleidd's eyes widen. "God of knowledge? But... there are no gods. How do you plan to accomplish this? I'd be happy with things from keep. Enough to keep me busy there for several lifetimes. Would be a very happy life."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Approaching Night
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadows of the Whirl Islands :: RP Section :: Public RP-
Jump to: