Shadows of the Whirl Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows of the Whirl Islands

Adventurers are becconed to the virgin lands of the Whirl Islands

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Approaching Night

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

The Approaching Night Empty
PostSubject: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Katonik, you wait inside The Disenchanted Duck, a pub you visit when you have a mission for Akra. Your relationship with the Kenku is unusual, and there are many times where you wonder how your church (if it could be called that) found the raven-like creature. But Mephistopheles himself said that Akra was going to be important to his goals in the future, and needed to be watched. Even moreso, you wondered why you were chosen for the interactions.
The first few meetings were rough; on more than one occasion you found a knife at your throat, and on other occasions you had your sword at his back. But the two of you were starting to come to a loose friendship, albeit minus the laughter, drinking of spirits and chasing of women you saw in friendships between other men. And the both of you seemed just fine with that.
Tonight was odd however. You were always the one who contacted Akra, but on this rain-soaked night, the kenku had contacted you in a strange letter that was out of character. Your read it again, the spidery writing still the same.

Katonik,
I need to see you immediately. Meet me as usual.
Akra

The interior of the pub was smokey and smelled like burning plants, probably from the pot some idiots were smoking nearby. But it was better than outside.

You have an opportunity to order some food, look around, interact, or continue waiting.
Back to top Go down
https://cania-campaign.forumotion.com
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Katonik sits at his table in the dark corner, giving him a view of the entire pub and the door. He waves over a waitress and orders a glass of water.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:51 pm

At about the same time your water arrives, you hear the door open and slam, followed by a heavy cloak shaking and being hung in the entryway. A minute later, Akra saunters in and over to your table. He grabs a waitress along the way and orders a small glass of spiced rum to warm him up.
"Damn rain." Akra's always hated the rain. His rum arrives just after in a bottle and he grabs a drink. "So, your...guys...your...I dunno..." he waves his fingers, as if he could conjure the word he's looking for out of thin air, "fellow worshipers, they like me, right? Cause I need a place to hide till tomorrow, then I am clearing out of this hell hole, er, so-to-speak."
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Katonik takes a quick sip. "Why do you need a place to hide?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:00 pm

"Pissed off my elders for the last time. Kenku politics are simple and complicated at the same time, and one aspect of it includes clan wars. Well, this would be fine-and-dandy but they ordered me to kill the ONE Kenku that actually likes me, and she just happens to be the daughter of one of the other clan's chief. She's already getting out; has family on one of the northern isles. I didn't even bothering accepting the mark; the elders know I like her, so they probably did this to spite me. I told them where to shove their knobby sticks and marched out. Knowing them, they'll send every able-bodied Kenku after me to make an example of me, and I have no intentions of sticking around." He takes another drink of the rum. For one so small, you've always known Akra to have a high alcohol tolerance.
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Katonik just stares. One has to admire someone with this kind of audacity and gall. Finally he says, "Well, I wish I could help, but I know of no place around here that can be safe for you. Unless you try some of the caves but I'm sure that's where they'll look for you first."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm

"What, you guys don't have a formal building or anything like that? Of course you guys don't, that would be too easy...." He thinks a moment about the layout of the town, then looks down and the floor. "Pubs have cellars...I wonder....Be right back." He slips off into the crowd and vanishes from sight, returning about 30 minutes later. "Perfect. There's an old tunnel in the cellar that leads out to the docks. It was probably a smuggler's tunnel. It would be the perfect place to hide out in, then catch a ship in the morning. Or commandeer. I dunno. Get off the island and I'm gone. My clan won't leave this island to come after me, it'd be too much trouble."
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm

"Sound plan. Just hope they don't come for you tonight." He gets up and stretches. "Since you're going, I guess I'll come too. My god doesn't want you out of his sights."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 pm

"Now we just need a distraction to get you down there...." He vanishes again, right before your eyes. A few minutes later, you see a gith fall into a burly sailor. Akra returns to your side, an incidious grin on his face. "Now we wait."
The sailor looks down at the artificer. "Oy, you made me spill my drink, filthy wimp!"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:44 pm

He looks up briefly and thinks "What are the social protocols for something like this?"

"Um.. I did? Whoops! Sorry about that. Was lost in a world of my own. And then someone shoved me. I don't know who. All I want is to be left alone to invent things!" He waves his hands around distractedly, running one through his shoulder-length hair. "Is that really too much to ask for?"
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Katonik shakes his head. "Your aptitude for trouble never ceases to amaze me."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Akra laughs a little. "I just know how drunken sailors react when you spill their drinks. And we need our distraction."

The sailor stands up. "Invent? Why not make a machine that makes you less of a clutz? No one pushed you, now I don't like my drink spilled! It's a waste of good booze." He's easily several feet taller and wider than the hapless gith.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Bleidd rolls his eyes. "I. Was. Pushed. Deal with it, my friend. Just get another drink. Problem solved." He turns and starts walking, muttering under his breath about stress variances, center of gravities, and several other things that the sailor doesn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Katonik sips his drink, says under his breath, "Wait for it..."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 pm

The sailor neatly picks up the gith and throws him. At first, the spectacle is amusing, until you both realize he threw the guy at the both of you! Akra ducks under the table, the rum and water send flying....

....right onto Katonik.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:22 pm

"Wheee! I'm flying! ....I wonder if I can make something that lets me do this at will." He hits the tiefling. "Oops. Very sorry."
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Katonik just picks him back up, throws him back at the sailor, sits down, and keeps drinking. "I hope he breaks through a table."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Akra stares at the gith that lands in Katonik's lap, then laughs as he throws it away. It hits the sailor, pissing him off. "Shit! Not what I wanted!" He lumbers over, holding the artificer under his arm. "I din't want him back." He plops him down in Katonik's lap again and laughs before lumbering back over.
"Uhm, maybe we should just force our way down to the cellar, knock out the barkeep and slip do--Katonik you should really sit back down."
Katonik stood up, dropping the gith down on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:36 pm

"Will people stop tossing me even though it's fun to fly? I'M NOT A SACK OF POTATOES OR SOMETHING!" He starts rummaging around in his bag. "I know I have it somewhere..."
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Katonik breathes in, breathes out, grabs the gith and drags him over, leaving his bag behind. He then politely places him down to the side, looks up at the sailor, and without warning delivers a kick to the sailor's sternum, sending him flying into his buddies and crashing through the table they were at. Then proceeds to pick the gith back up, and drops him on top of the sailor. "You forgot something." Starts walking away.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 pm

"I JUST TOLD YOU TO STOP THAT!" He stalks over, grabs his bag, and turns around. "Screw this. I'm leaving. It's too noisy here. And everyone seems to think I'm a sack of potatoes." He heads for the door.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:46 pm

The sailor picks him up and makes to throw, but pauses when he feels a knife pointing at his leg. He looks down to see Akra standing there. "I would not recommend doing that. I'm pointing right at a vein that, if cut, you will die in seconds. Now. I think you should just put him down. Good. Now. What are you going to do?"
"This."
The sailor picks up Akra and throws him at a bard tweaking his instrument, his dragon familar squacking at being disturbed. The knife stabs the poor fellow and slays him, but that was the final straw. Akra quakes with anger, his feathers ruffled. "No one throws a Kenku! I'll show you the Doors of Death!" He launches himself at the sailor, who falls back on another sailor, who punches the first, and the barfight starts. Akra turns to Katonik. "Down to the cellar! We'll be safe!"
Bleidd, you find the door blocked by a few different brawls.
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Katonik gives one of the other sailors a quick kick into the center of it all, then runs.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 pm

"Right. Exit blocked. Look for other exits." He turns his head, looking through the brawls. "Cellar seems to be open. Most likely safest route. Possibly only." Bleidd starts heading for it. He shouts at the kenku "People might not throw kenku, but do they throw dwarves?"
Back to top Go down
Katonik

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Katonik yells back, "Don't know, but they definitely throw Gith!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Approaching Night   The Approaching Night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Approaching Night
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadows of the Whirl Islands :: RP Section :: Public RP-
Jump to: